Friday, March 27, 2009

Your Friend, Your Father, Your Savior

God, are you out there? Yes, my child I am right here, hearing every word you say.
I listen in the darkness, when you are “alone”. I listen in the light, when you are surrounded.
I do what is right for you, not what you want. You may think I am not here, but I am.
When you are scared, unsure, afraid, happy, glad, upset, sad; you can talk to me and I will always listen.
I am your friend, your father, your Savior.

I like it when you talk to me.
It makes me happy.
When you don’t, I am still here, but I am afraid to help you.
Will you like my help?
Will you shut it out?
Will you shut me out?
I only want what is best for you.
I know it hurts sometimes, but I love you. I would never hurt you, without it bringing pleasure later.
If you look at your life, you will see that the things that I have done that hurt you, were for the best.
At the time you would not agree, but now, I hope you see.
I love you!
I am your friend, your father, your Savior.

Believe in me, talk to me, pray to me.
I will always be here. Even when you don’t think I am.
I am waiting, watching, listening for your call for help.
When I hear it, I act.
Remember, my time and your time are two different things.
My time is eternity, your time is now.
It may take longer than you like, but I will help you!
I am your friend, your father, your Savior.

“What should I do?” you ask me.
You should put your faith, your life in my hands.
But what if…?
No what ifs! I love you, I will protect you
Why did it happen to me?
I love you, I will protect you, but I want you to be strong.
Adversity makes you strong.
Remember, I will never put anything on you, you cannot handle.
When your load gets too heavy, place it on my shoulders.
I will carry your burdens and take care of them
I am your friend, your father, your Savior.
March 29, 2000

1 comment:

KaraEdenfield said...

Hi Lisa -

Your writing is beautiful. Thanks for the reminder that our Heavenly Father is always on His throne - in the good times and bad! I look forward to many more posts!

Give Baby Z a big kiss from me!

With love,
Kara